Please contact us for more information about the many ways to give to the Children's Aid Society Foundation. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. We encourage donors to consult with their advisors on charitable giving to assure all available tax benefits. We also invite advisors to discuss charitable giving ideas with us. Some ways to give include:
Corporate Matching Gifts
Gifts of Securities – Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds
Memorial or Tribute Gifts
Donor Advised Funds
Donor Directed Funds
Some Brief Explanations:
1. CASH: A simple and easy way to help and your gift can be used in a variety of ways to help children both now and in the future. Ways a cash contribution could be used for: daily operations, program scholarships, new program development, technology improvements, education services, our long-term sustaining fund, and many others.
2. BEQUEST: Defer a gift until after your lifetime by naming the Children’s Aid Society Foundation in your will or living trust.
3. GIFTS OF SECURITIES: Eliminate tax on long-term capital gains by contributing long-term appreciated stock or other securities.
4. GIFTS OF RETIREMENT ASSETS: Avoid taxation of IRAs or other retirement plans by naming the Children's Aid Society Foundation as the beneficiary of your retirement account after your lifetime.
5. RETAINED LIFE ESTATE: Give ownership of your residence or farm now, but continue to live there for your lifetime.
6. GIFT OF REAL ESTATE: Make a gift of property no longer needed to the Children's Aid Society Foundation and generate an income tax deduction.
7. LIFE INSURANCE: Change the ownership or the beneficiary of the life insurance you may no longer need to the Children’s Aid Society Foundation.
The Children's Aid Society Foundation is very willing to meet with you and your trusted financial advisor to discuss any of these ideas or others.
All of these "Ways to Give" can help you with tax benefits and estate planning as well as knowing that you are helping to serve our most vulnerable and valuable population – OUR CHILDREN.